A dermatologist is a doctor who specializes in caring for and treating the skin, especially skin problems and disorders. They can prescribe medications for certain skin disorders, such as, severe acne, psoriasis, eczema and others. They are also able to treat skin conditions such as rashes, skin peeling disorders etc, and diagnose their causes.
- Candidate must have at least Bachelor/College degree
- at least with a minimum of 2-5 years work experience
- Ages 30 years old and above
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Complex Problem Solving
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Learning
- Social Perceptiveness
- Service Oriented
- Operation Analysis and Monitoring
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Refer patients to other specialists, as needed.
- Record patients’ health histories.
- Provide dermatologic consultation to other health professionals.
- Provide liposuction treatment to patients.
- Instruct interns or residents in diagnosis and treatment of dermatological diseases.
- Recommend diagnostic tests based on patients’ histories and physical examination findings.
- Conduct clinical or basic research.
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, and participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in dermatology.
- Evaluate patients to determine eligibility for cosmetic procedures such as liposuction, laser resurfacing, and microdermabrasion.
- Provide therapies such as intralesional steroids, chemical peels, and comodo removal to treat age spots, sun damage, rough skin, discolored skin, or oily skin.
- Provide dermabrasion or laser abrasion to treat atrophic scars, elevated scars, or other skin conditions.
- Prescribe hormonal agents or topical treatments such as contraceptives, spironolactone, antiandrogens, oral corticosteroids, retinoids, benzoyl peroxide, and antibiotics.
- Perform skin surgery to improve appearance, make early diagnoses, or control diseases such as skin cancer.
Perform incisional biopsies to diagnose melanoma.
- Diagnose and treat pigmented lesions such as common acquired nevi, congenital nevi, dysplastic nevi, Spitz nevi, blue nevi, and melanoma.
- Counsel patients on topics such as the need for annual dermatologic screenings, sun protection, skin cancer awareness, or skin and lymph node self-examinations.
- Conduct complete skin examinations.
- Diagnose and treat skin conditions such as acne, dandruff, athlete’s foot, moles, psoriasis, and skin cancer.
|Contract Duration||2 - 5 years|
|# of vacancies||5|